Monday, January 26, 2009

MILK Update!!

Ok, so I went and bought like 4 cans of the powdered milk at Macey's. After talking to a friend I discovered something...they just put less in the container...that is why it is so inexpensive!
Here is the scoop:

Macey's Country Fresh milk is 33 oz = $5.99
Church Food Storage milk is 69 oz = $7.30 (used to be $13!!)

So, you get WAY more for your money at the Church.

I will be returning my milk to Maceys and going to the cannery. If anyone would like to join me(or have me do some for you), e-mail me and we'll go next week!

4 comments:

  1. We just bought 2 cans of the morning moo. We like that one better than the other. Do you know if it has the same issue? I'm also interested in info at the cannery it's alot different than in WA!! Thanks Heather Zwygart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure about MM. Check the weight on the can and see! Ask Kaly about the cannery. She just went there and could fill you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you really stomach powdered milk??? I'm feeling very unsure aboutthis paticular product..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy-
    I am sure if you were in an emergency situation, you would love it! I think that is the main reason, unless you are planning on buying a cow (you do live in Providence!) My family lived on powdered milk for awhile. Can't say I loved it, but could eat it with cereal! My mom says the secret is making it the night before...it makes it taste less chalky. THis probably isn't convincing you, but it is a good idea. Even if you don't drink the milk, you can use it for cooking. My awesome roll recipe using powdered milk.

    ReplyDelete